Thursday 12 July 2012

International Zine Month -Catch-up!

The past week has been just a tiny bit busier than predicted. But while the blogging has quietened, the Zine Month fun has continued!  Here are a couple of entries from my art journal for the past few days:


The prompt for Day Five of the challenge was to check out a zine that was different than the kind you would normally, so I picked one from Zineopolis, Portsmouth University's collection of zines. Het Moet Onverstaanbar was a lot brighter, more surreal and in places slightly more morbid than the zines I normally read (generally perzines with a feminist slant), but I really loved the vivid colours and the chaos of the comics. Will definitely look out for more like this!


Another favourite day was Day Eight: Try Something New Day. One thing I've never really considered featuring in Second Hand News is poetry, mainly because it would pretty awful. But for IZM I decided to brave a haiku at least. Haikus are fun. This one is something I wish I could legitimately say to people at work. 

For more of the challenges, check out my FaceBook page which has all of the entries in the art journal so far as well as some bonus zine stuff from Issue Two of SHN, which is nearly finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment